Did you know most denials can be traced back to intake? Durable Medical Equipment (DME) providers should create and implement proper patient intake and insurance verification systems to reduce rejected claims. These systems will have a positive ripple effect throughout the company and help providers receive the maximum reimbursement available.
Are these data requirements on your intake checklist?
- Patient Demographics
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance carrier
- ID number
- Group number
- Referral source
- Insurance phone number
- Is prior authorization required?
- It’s also good to note if the coverage is HMO (Health Maintenance Organization) or PPO (Preferred Provider Organization
- Are you performing these same checks on the secondary insurance level?
Patient intake and insurance verification is part of routine DME business. To increase claim approval rates, work with a top-quality DME billing company to help maximize reimbursement.
The advantages of verifying patient coverage will allow you to:
- Determine the deductible and co-pay amounts before providing the equipment.
- Help to reduce claim denial rates.
- Lower the number of payment delays.
- Create a streamlined claim and billing process.
Enhance your claims submission process by working with leading DME Billers, Medbill. Medbill’s team is trained and educated on various payors and product lines to verify insurance coverage. Medbill will assist your team and help to review and provide feedback throughout the entire intake process.
Contact us today to get started!