Eight companies have filed with the Pennsylvania Insurance Department to offer products on the Federally Facilitated Marketplace that will act as Pennsylvania’s health care exchange.
The companies submitting products for review are:
- Aetna, as Aetna Health Insurance Co. and Aetna Life Insurance Co.
- Capital Advantage, as Capital Advantage Assurance Co. and Capital Advantage Insurance Co.
- First Priority Life Insurance Co.
- Geisinger, as Geisinger Health Plan and Geisinger Quality Options
- HealthAmerica PA
- Highmark, also as HM Health Insurance Co.
- Keystone, as Keystone Health Plan Central, Keystone Health Plan East and QCC Insurance Co.
- UPMC as UPMC Health Network and UPMC Healthplan Inc.
Pennsylvania decided not to run a state-based health insurance marketplace in conjunction with the Affordable Care Act, which means the federal government would offer one instead. The state Insurance Department must still review these requests to make sure the companies are in compliance with state laws.
Information on which companies will have products available in the network won’t be known on until the Federally Facilitated Marketplace begins its open enrollment period Oct. 1.
DME Billing Service
Provider of Professional
DME Billing Services
DME Billing News Feed: https://medbill.net/feed/