As the dust from HIMSS13 settles, CMS would like to thank everyone who stopped by our booth to say hello and discuss the ICD-10 transition and the future of eHealth with us. In case you weren’t able to get to the booth, here are some of the highlights from the conference:
- Acting CMS Administrator Marilyn Tavenner confirmed the October 1, 2014, ICD-10 deadline and encouraged everyone to work diligently toward a successful transition
- CMS met face-to-face with stakeholders to share information and listen to feedback about ICD-10
- During the eHealth Town Hall, CMS discussed EHRs, ICD-10, and HIPAA administrative simplification and their combined potential to transform the future of health care
- CMS distributed several hundred thumb drives packed with ICD-10 resources, which are also available on the ICD-10 website
CMS looks forward to applying insights from HIMSS13 and continuing to work with stakeholders to inform our outreach as we help the health care industry prepare for ICD-10.
Keep Up to Date on ICD-10
Visit the CMS ICD-10 website for the latest news and resources to help you prepare for the October 1, 2014, deadline.
For practical transition tips:
- Read recent ICD-10 email update messages
- Access the ICD-10 continuing medical education modules developed by CMS in partnership with Medscape
March, 22nd 2013